Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chasing history

I am always filled with questions when talking to my grandmother (my fathers mother). She sits listens and answers them all.....
What was your mother like?
How old were you when you left home?
How did you feel to lose a child?
But this question session over memorial weekend was different. This time its in the presence of all of her living children, while facing the challenge of stage 4 lung cancer to her husband of 60 years. Can I obtain all my family history in this Q & A? Or will all the characters play their part in this tight family?
This time its different, this time may be the last time they will all be together.  Their five children and spouses, 13 grandchildren,  and 7 great grandchildren were not ready for this. This year I chased my history and wrapped my arms around it never letting go.



My history My legacy

BBJBeckles

No comments:

Post a Comment